Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lemon Basil Chicken Salad

Adapted from Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman)

This popped up on my Google Reader last month and it just looked so appetizing, especially with this hot, Summer weather. My grandmother makes amazing chicken salad, which I usually leave to her (because no one else can make it like her, I've tried). However, this is a different spin on chicken salad and it was pretty yummy! I also adapted this to make it healthier. You may have some of the dressing left over, which you could easily use on many other things. This doesn't take long to make; I was able to whip it up before work this morning! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups Cooked Chicken (I pulled chicken from a Rotisserie)
  • 2 whole Lemons, Juiced And Zested (1 lemon zested will suffice)
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (I used non-fat)
  • 1.5 tb Prepared Pesto
  • 1/2 cup Green Peas
  • 7 whole Basil Leaves, Chiffonade (more To Taste)
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
Directions:
Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, greek yogurt, salt & pepper, and pesto until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as you’d like. Combine chicken, peas, and basil in a bowl and stir together. Pour on dressing to taste and toss to combine. Add 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve over lettuce or just eat it alone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment