Monday, May 5, 2014

Mustard-Roasted Chicken with Vegetables

Adapted from Real Simple

Some folks think that chicken is boring, but I disagree. I'm always on the lookout for good chicken recipes because they're generally healthy, and also simple most of the time. I'm always surprised at how tasty chicken can be -- this is another example of that. I switched up the vegetables because I am not a big fennel fan...and I also had different veggies on hand. It came out great! This is a great week night meal. Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I just used 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
  • 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • kosher salt and pepper
  • 1 bag of sugar snap peas
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped roughly
  • 8 sprigs thyme (I used 4 since portion was smaller)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil 

Directions:

Heat oven to 400° F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the mustard, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Combine the sugar snap peas, red onion, thyme, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a roasting pan. Nestle the chicken among the vegetables. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Divide the chicken and vegetables among individual plates.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment