Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Smoky Pork Chop with Grilled Asparagus Salad

Adapted from Redbook 

Who doesn't love the flavor of smoke when you combine it with a pork chop?! If only it were grilling season, this would definitely be at the top of my list. Don't fret - you can still make this inside, and it's still very tasty! This was extremely quick and easy, and I grabbed the grilled asparagus salad that I love from Whole Foods to go with it vs. the avocado salad listed in the original recipe. I love avocados, but that particular night, it just wasn't on my mind! This was a great recipe - give it a try!

Ingredients:
1 tsp finely ground coffee (I used bold Starbucks - Thanksgiving blend)
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp coriander
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp garlic powder
kosher salt and pepper
4 bone-in pork chops, trimmed of fat
grilled asparagus salad (in prepared food section of Whole Foods)

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients, plus salt to taste. Rub the pork chops with the oil, then the spice blend. Grill on medium-high heat 5-7 minutes per side until desired “doneness”.

No comments:

Post a Comment