Friday, September 24, 2010

BBQ Chicken with Salad and Vegetables

I had been craving this, so when Rebecca said she was coming over for dinner, I decided it would be a good opportunity. The chicken worked well on my stand-alone grill that I have.

BBQ Chicken (I used drumsticks):
Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and cook about 10 minutes per side (you may need to turn the heat down a little). Brush with BBQ sauce on both sides and continue to cook 5-10 minutes per side, depending on the size of the chicken and your grill. I just watched them carefully. I also brushed more sauce on the chicken after a few minutes of cooking to keep them moist. This go around, I used bottled BBQ sauce.

Squash, Zucchini and Onion Mix:
Slice a squash, zucchini, and half of a yellow onion.  Season with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in a skillet and cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Top with italian breadcrumbs and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Cover and cook for approximately 5 more minutes.

Salad:
Cut romaine lettuce and top with feta cheese and Caesar dressing (or dressing of your choice).

No comments:

Post a Comment