Sunday, September 26, 2010

Top Sirloin Filet with Loaded Mashed Potatoes

I decided to make dinner for Nick last night and went with top sirloin filet and I took a shot at loaded mashed potatoes. It was pretty yummy :)

Sirloin:
I just covered the filets with Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Steak seasoning, on both sides. I let it marinade for about 30 minutes. I used my cast iron skillet. Preheat oven to 500 (put cast iron in oven while it preheats). Once preheated, take out the cast iron and place over high heat on the stove, with the filets. I usually cook them a few minutes per side and then put them back in the oven a few minutes per side. I usually finish cooking them on the stove. These were pretty thick cuts of sirloin.

Smashed Potatoes:
I boiled about two handfuls of petite small potatoes in salt water. I used these potatoes because it is what I had on hand. Once tender, I drained and added about 3 tablespoons of butter and mashed with masher. I then added approximately 3/4 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of ranch dip that I had made Friday night. I then added salt and pepper. Once mixed together, I topped the potatoes with shredded cheddar, bacon and green onions. I eyeballed all of this, so take that for what it's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment