Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicken Divan

I have never made this before, but I knew it was happening as soon as I saw Paula Deen make it on the Food Network! Contrary to her normal recipes, there weren't multiple sticks of butter involved either, so I figured I had to take advantage. Not that I have anything against butter, but my love handles do. It came out pretty well, and made a lot! You'll definitely have a lot of leftovers which are also delicious. I made a few minor adjustments.

Chicken Divan:
2 10 oz. packages of frozen chopped broccoli/baby florets
6 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chickens from the store work great)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream (I use light sour cream)
1 cup mayo (I use light mayo)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use 2%)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup dry white wine
Dash of cumin and cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used 2 slices of stale italian bread)
Italian bread crumbs (optional)
2 tb butter, melted
1 cup of shredded smoked gouda (optional)

Spray the casserole dish with Pam (I used 13x9). Defrost the broccoli in the microwave, drain and layer in the casserole dish. Layer the shredded chicken. In a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayo, shredded cheese, lemon juice, white wine and spices. Mix together and pour over the chicken, mixing it all together. Mix the bread crumbs, butter and parmesan and top the casserole. I then went in with Italian bread crumbs and sprinkled that over the casserole as well. I also topped it with some freshly shredded smoked gouda cheese (can use whichever cheese you prefer). Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE chicken divan!!! I think I'll make it this week...

    ReplyDelete