Friday, December 24, 2010

Mom's BBQ Pork Chops

As I've mentioned before, my Mom has so many great recipes, but I have taken my favorites and added them to my own repertoire of dishes to make! This one is healthy because you use lean pork chops; the only potentially bad thing is the BBQ sauce (sugar), but who cares? :) It's super easy and great for leftovers during the week.

Ingredients:

1 package lean pork chops (thin work best)
green pepper, cut into stips or rings
yellow onion, cut into rings
russet potato, peeled ad cut into thin slices
bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (diluted with some water)

Place pork chops in a greased baking dish (I use PAM) and season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced potato, green pepper and onion.
If possible, mix the BBQ sauce with a little water in the bottle so that it's mixed well. You'll probably use about half a bottle. In this round, I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 45 minutes. It may take up to an hour.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment