Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Prosciutto Wrapped Lemon Pepper Chicken

Want an easy week night dinner? I have your solution! This was super fast to prepare and yummy. It also provided some good leftovers...and who doesn't love those?

I would use either thin chicken breasts or get regular ones and pound them out until they are about 1/2 inch thick. It's a good opportunity to let out your frustration :)

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts (however many you wish to make -- I did four)
Prosciutto
Olive oil
Lemon Pepper seasoning (or your favorite herb seasoning)
Lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
Kitchen string or twine (can get away without this)
Salt

Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with a little salt and lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle some garlic on each chicken breast. I left two of the chicken breasts as-is at this point.

For the other two, I laid a piece of prosciutto on top. Roll the chicken and secure with string (or in my case, place in baking dish so that it will not come unrolled). Bake all four chicken breasts at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.

Steam green beans and asparagus, seasoning as desired. I seasoned the green beans with salt and lemon pepper. I seasoned my asparagus with vinegar (a personal favorite).



1 comment: