Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken Lime Tacos

I decided to make salsa this past weekend, which was listed previously on the blog (if you're interested). Making salsa usually leads to me trying to think of different ways to use it with dinner...or even to top off my Chipotle Burrito Bol (on those occasions where I have to satisfy my craving). In any event, I decided this go around I would make my own version of tacos, but with shredded chicken! I must say, these were yummy with or without the corn tortilla.

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts 
2-3 splashes of red wine vinegar
½ lime (juiced)
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
(6 inch) flour tortillas
¼ cup Monterey jack cheese
¼ cup salsa
Sour cream


Boil the chicken breasts in a pot of water with salt and pepper to season. This should take approximately 25 minutes. Once done, let the chicken cool and shred (I do this by hand). Add a little oil to a pan and sauté shredded chicken in the pan for about 5 minutes over medium heat with the following: vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. To warm the tortillas, place them over a low flame on the gas stove (if you have a gas stove). Once the tortilla begins to bubble, flip. Add chicken mixture to each one evenly. Top with cheese, sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment