Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lemon Chicken with Broccoli

Adapted from Campbell's

Happy Hump Day! Tonight I tried out a new recipe so that I could use the new Campbell's Flavor Boost Chicken Packets. I saw them in the store and they intrigued me (I'm easily intrigued in the grocery store). Wow is all I have to say about this dish. We were actually in the mood to go out to eat and had to fight the temptation, so I wasn't overly excited to cook tonight, but boy was I pleasantly surprised! This will make the favorites list - it's pretty simple, healthy, and the flavor is just delicious! NOTE: I did make some modifications and recommend you follow this instead. The measurements in the recipe wouldn't have given this much sauce...we can't be having that!

Ingredients
1 large lemon 
1/2 lime (optional - I added this myself) 
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) - approximately 1.5 pounds
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced 
1 clove garlic, minced
2 packets Swanson® Flavor Boost™ Concentrated Chicken Broth
3 cups broccoli florets (I used one SteamFresh bag of florets)

Directions

  • Grate 1 tablespoon lemon zest and then juice the lemon (and half the lime if you are using both). I used both because the lemon didn't produce a lot of juice.

  • Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until well browned on all sides.  Remove the chicken from the skillet.  Pour off any fat if needed (I didn't need to since I used skinless thighs).

  • Reduce the heat to medium.  Add more oil if you need to...I did not need to since I did not pour off the fat. Add the onion and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Stir in the concentrated broth and lemon/lime juice.  Return the chicken to the skillet.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

  • Stir the broccoli and lemon zest in the skillet.  Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment