Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Eve Hosting

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

I apologize to all, I have been totally absent from blogging lately! The stomach flu had me out for the count for quite some time and then before I knew it, it was time for the holidays! Instead of spending them in the kitchen, I spent them traveling to see family and doing lots of holiday dinners and parties! Can't complain, but I am ready to get back in the kitchen .. and so is my waistline and bank account :) This post is from our New Year's Eve pre-game. Most food I provided has already been posted previously, but here are two new items! Nick and I had a few friends over before heading out to the Newseum for their New Year's Eve Ball!

JM's Pasta Salad
- 1 pound small shaped (I used half elbow macaroni and half ditalini)
- 3/4 bottle Fat Free Italian Caesar Dressing (this is just my favorite for this)
- handful of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (whichever color you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1 to 2 tb Salad Supreme Seasoning (to your liking...I usually eyeball it)

Bring salted water to a boil. Pour in the pasta and cook until done. Drain the pasta and pour into a serving bowl. Combine half of the dressing and let cool. Mix together the remaining ingredients, including the other half of the dressing. This recipe is all very adaptable to your liking. Feel free to get creative!
Snack Plate
OK, so I didn't exactly "cook" this, but I did put it together and boy was it delicious! Super fast, easy, and addicting! Pick your favorite serving dish and pile on crackers or bread, your selection of meats, cheeses, and condiments. I did a basic tray of sourdough, hard salami, summer sausage, prosciutto, and extra sharp Vermont cheddar, served with a side of whole grain mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment