Friday, April 5, 2013

Italian Pesto Bruschetta

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

We have started an Easter tradition at our place here in Arlington. We have a few folks over and I make beef tenderloin, au gratin potatoes, and some other goodies. This year, I decided to have an appetizer. I made a different variations of this and they were a big hit! They're also super easy...I highly recommend :) I apologize for not capturing any of the baked tomatoes in the photo -- they had already gotten eaten!

Ingredients:
French bread baguette, sliced approximately half inch thick
Pesto sauce
Prosciutto (I used about 5 slices)
Fresh mozzarella, sliced and then halved
Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (some halved)
Olive oil

Directions:
Baked tomatoes: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil. Place a few sliced tomatoes on the baking sheet and top with mozzarella and pesto. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Baked bruschetta:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil. Place a few slices of bread on the baking sheet and top with pesto, mozzarella, prosciutto and tomato. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. (I left the tomato off some of these).

Room Temp Bruschetta: On a platter, place a few slices of bread and top with pesto, mozzarella, prosciutto and tomato. (I left the tomato off some of these).

No comments:

Post a Comment