Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Scallops with Ginger & Lemongrass

Courtesy of Gourmet Garden

I have a new favorite grocery store item -- Gourmet Garden fresh herbs (http://na.gourmetgarden.com/us/). I don't know about you, but I always buy fresh herbs and then waste them because they don't all get used. Well, these handy dandy tubes are refrigerated and last up to 3 months. You use the same measurements as fresh herbs, and it's just super easy! I bought quite a few of these last week and tried my first recipe with them last week -- it was quite tasty! This was a really easy recipe to prepare, again, perfect for a week night meal! I served it up with some bok choy, which I love. The plate looks a little sparse, I apologize -- the bok choy didn't go as far as I had hoped. This would also go great with rice. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass
  • 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Ginger
  • 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Cilantro
  • 1 tsp Sesame oil
  • 2 Tbsp Dry sherry
  • 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
  • 2 whole Limes
  • 12 large Scallops
Directions:
Make marinade from juice of one lime and add all other ingredients. Retain one lime to make wedges for garnish. Marinate scallops for 15 minutes. Discard marinade. Sear scallops in hot pan for approximately 2 minutes each side (or until cooked through). I like mine with a good sear on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment