Thursday, November 11, 2010

SALSA!

This is one of my favorite things to make, and it always gets rave reviews! I can thank my previous, wonderful roommate Kim for this. I adapted it from her. I don't use exact measurements, so definitely taste test as you go along and determine how you want it...for example, I like a lot of lime juice and not a ton of onion. Anddddd go!


Toss approximately 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro (I take out stems), 3 cloves of garlic, and half a red onion into the food processor. Blend for a hot minute. Quarter 2 large or 3 small tomatoes (I use Roma or Hot House and take the seeds out) and toss into the food processor, along with 2 cans of drained Mild Rotel and half a can of drained Original Rotel. I juice two limes and add salt as well. Combine everything together. Season however else you desire. I tend to sometimes need to add more salt. For a spicier salsa, you can add the entire can of the Original Rotel.

Beware: this goes FAST!


No comments:

Post a Comment