Monday, January 24, 2011

Sauteed Tilapia with Honey-Scallion Dressing

Courtesy of Cooking Light
Tilapia is one of my favorite fishes to cook -- it's delicious, healthy, fast, and budget friendly! I came across this recipe and decided to give it a go since I had all of the ingredients. Kim was my date tonight and she enjoyed it ... or so she said anyway :) I will definitely be adding this to my list of regulars!

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2  tablespoons  fresh lemon juice
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped green onions
  • 1  tablespoon  honey
  • 1  tablespoon  low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1  teaspoon  bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
  • 1/4  teaspoon  dark sesame oil
  • 1  tablespoon  canola oil
  • 4  (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/8  teaspoon  black pepper
  • Rice, rice noodles or salad greens (I used Uncle Ben's wild rice and had a separate salad on the side)
To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. To prepare fish, heat canola or olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish on top of rice, rice noodles or salad. Top fish fillet with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment