Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lemon Chicken with Artichokes & Asparagus

Adapted from Framed (www.framedcooks.com)

One thing I love about this time of year is the fresh asparagus, so I decided to add that to this recipe. I also had some fresh rosemary, so I added that as well! This was a really delicious meal that I look forward to making again and as usual, I had some leftovers. I cannot wait to eat them for lunch tomorrow :) I gotta admit -- I did not like artichokes in my previous life, but I now am growing to really enjoy them, especially when they soak in lemon and white wine! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 - 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts, pound until 1/2 inch thick (or purchase thinner cut breasts)
1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons canola oil (you could get away with 2 tb)
1 cup white wine
1 packages frozen artichoke hearts (should already be in small enough pieces, but cut if necessary)
1 bunch of asparagus (I prefer the thick spears and I only used the top half for this)
1 lemon, sliced thin
1/2 tb fresh thyme leaves 
1/2 tb fresh rosemary sprigs
Shaved or sprinkled parmesan cheese for garnish
 
Directions:
1. Coat chicken in seasoned flour.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
3. Add wine and artichokes to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat down to low, and cook for 8 minutes. Uncover skillet and add lemon slices and asparagus and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Remove chicken from sauce and bring sauce to a low boil. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until sauce is reduced a little.
5. Return chicken to skillet, stir in thyme and rosemary until mixed in and chicken is coated with sauce. Scatter parmesan on top and serve right out of the skillet!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment