Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garlic Baked Potatoes

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

Potatoes are awesome, for many reasons. The thing I love is that you can make them so many different ways. On this particular night, I decided to get creative with how I baked them, so here you go!

Ingredients:
2 baked potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
olive oil
1 tb butter (approximately)
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425. Wash and dry the potatoes. Slice the potato evenly almost to the bottom, but be sure not to cut all the way through. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Be sure to distribute as evenly as possible. Place the slices of garlic throughout the potatoes. I only used about 4 slices per potato, but you can use as many as you like! Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and place the potatoes in the pan. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Take the potatoes out and place a slab of butter on the top of each potato. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. I did put some Ranch on this at the end, but didn't get a picture -- that was a delicious addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment