Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Citrus Glazed Scallops with Avocado Tomato Salsa

Courtesy of Cooking Light

Once again, I have been somewhat MIA -- my apologies.  I got nothing -- I guess life has just been busy! I can't believe it's June already. I made these scallops about two weeks ago and they were absolutely delicious. I wanted to make sure I got them on the blog! I found the combo with the salsa a bit odd, but I think that's just because I'm used to eating scallops with risotto or vegetables...or something hot at least. The salsa was tasty, but I just might go with something else next time for a better combination. Scallops though -- can't go wrong...yum. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Scallops:
  • 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops, cut in half horizontally (I didn't cut mine)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Glaze:
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh orange juice 
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed 
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions 
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Salsa:
  • 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato 
  • 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado 
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño pepper
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed 
  • 8 Bibb lettuce leaves (optional -- I didn't use this)
Preparation:
  1. To prepare scallops, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl with the scallops; toss well. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
  2. To prepare glaze, combine lime juice and the next 7 ingredients (lime juice through 1 garlic clove) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add juice mixture to pan. Cook 7 minutes or until glaze becomes shiny and begins to thicken. Drizzle the citrus glaze over the scallops; add green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro. Toss well.
  3. To prepare salsa, combine chopped tomato and remaining ingredients except lettuce; toss well. Serve on Bibb lettuce leaves, if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment