Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

This is something I've never cooked before, and I wanted to try something different. I found that this meal was pretty light since the meat is low in fat; it was a nice change! I'm also a sucker for anything using marinara sauce ... and cheese. Per usual, this was great for leftovers the next day :)

1 pound ground chicken
2/3 cup marinara sauce, plus another few tablespoons to coat (I used Rao's -- delicious)
1 tb fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tb chopped garlic
few dashes of salt and pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
dash of crushed red pepper flakes
5-6 slices of fresh mozzarella

Combine the ground chicken, marinara sauce, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour into the pan and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes. Once the chicken pulls away from the sides, it's cooked. Spread the top with marinara sauce and top with fresh mozzarella. Bake for another 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh yum! I make an Italian meatloaf with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete