Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Zucchini Boats

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

I love zucchini. Cooking it similar ways usually gets old though. I also love marinara sauce. I thought I'd try to marry these two in perfect harmony. Usually, I would also top this with some Italian bread crumbs and fresh grated parmesan cheese, BUT the boyfriend and I are trying to eat somewhat healthy. So, I used almond meal as an alternative...on top of the marinara of course. That, I will never cut out :) These turned out pretty yummy and it's always fun to eat something a little different!

2 zucchini, cut down the middle length-wise
1 small jar of GOOD marinara sauce (you won't use all of this)
salt and pepper
1 tb olive oil, to brush on zucchini
approx 4 tb almond meal (to cover zucchini)

In each zucchini half, scoop out a portion of the middle. Season with a brush of olive oil and dash of salt and pepper. Bake at 325 for approximately 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and top the middle with marinara and almond meal. Bake for another 10 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment