Monday, May 16, 2011

Grilled Mexican Chicken

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

A group of friends and I hit the town Saturday night to celebrate my 30th birthday. I didn't want to eat too heavy of a meal, so I decided to go with grilled chicken! I had some salsa and avocado on hand, so this is what I came up with! It was easy, light, and delicious :)

- 2 chicken breasts (pound out if too thick)
- 1 tb olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- dash of Adobo Seasoning (I used without pepper)
- 1 avocado, sliced and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 lime, juiced (save about 1 tbsp for avocado topping)

Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle  both sides with salt, pepper and Adobo seasoning. Place in a bowl and let marinate in lime juice for 30 minutes (or however long you can). Grill one minute on each side over medium heat to brown. Reduce heat to medium low and cook each side for approximately 6 minutes per side (depends on the thickness of the chicken). Cook until 170 degrees. Mix the avocado, tomatoes, and a few squeezes of lime juice. Plate the chicken and top with salsa and avocado mixture. Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment