Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Garlic Green Bean Salad

Adapted from Sunny Anderson

I saw this recipe being made on the Food Network this week. I love green beans and grew up eating them. My task growing up was always to snap the green beans...a tedious task, but fun because I got to do it with my great-grandmother, grandmother, and my Mom. It' just one of those great childhood memories. To this day, I still love green beans and am always looking for new ways to spice them up. The recipe below is my adapted version. This recipe is served room temperature and I am looking forward to having these as leftovers!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound green beans (I used french green beans, with stems still on)
  • 1/3 cup diced orange pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup shallot, diced
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Cook green beans in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and dry with paper towels then place in a serving bowl. Saute the diced shallot, garlic, and orange pepper with a touch of salt and pepper over medium heat, just to soften, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Toss with the green beans and vinegar. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature, at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment