Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Herb Roasted Pork Loin with Parsley Sauce

Adapted from Ellie Krieger

Words cannot describe how delicious this turned out. I took one bite and was in heaven...and that was before I topped it with the sauce! After I plated it together, I was just speechless. It was so tender, moist, tangy, and just full of flavor. You need to try this ASAP! Feel free to serve with any vegetable. I opted to serve the pork loin with another new recipe, garlic green bean salad. I had a lot of the sauce left over, which I think will go really well with white fish or chicken. OK, stop reading, go buy a pork loin, and MAKE THIS NOW! NOTE: For the pork loin, I left the minimal fat on and my pork loin was only 1.78 pounds - I still used all of the marinade/rub. I also flipped the pork loin halfway through, for about 10 minutes, and then flipped again.

Ingredients

  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (2 1/2-pound) center cut boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat 
  • 1/2 cup Parsley Shallot Sauce, recipe follows

 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash the garlic and salt together with a fork until it forms a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the oil, fresh herbs and freshly ground pepper. Rub the garlic-herb paste all over the pork. Transfer the pork to a roasting pan and roast for 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.NOTE: Since my pork loin was smaller, it was cooked perfectly after one hour. Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the pork into slices and serve with the sauce.

Parsley Shallot Sauce:
1 1/2 cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallot
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment