Monday, September 9, 2013

Arlington Cheesesteak

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

I call this the Arlington Cheesesteak, mainly because it's my own concoction. This was super fast and easy to make -- and I'm pretty sure it's healthier than ordering it from a greasy spoon (not that those aren't delicious!). I only made one of these since it was for my lunch the other day, but you could easily make 2-3 of these with 1 package of sliced steak (which is what I used and just saved the rest). This is one of those recipes where you use as much of each ingredient as you prefer :) Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
Package of sliced angus steak
Olive oil
Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
Your favorite cheese (I used a mix of melted cheddars)
Creamy horseradish
Mayo (again, however much you want -- I just used the low-fat mayo)
Fresh chicago roll (or any bread of your choice)

Directions:
Heat approx. 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet, over medium-high heat. Throw in the steak and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Toss in some Worcestershire sauce (I used about 1 tb) and then stir around until the steak is cooked through to your liking. This steak is usually cut thin, so should only take about 4-5 minutes at the most. Toss in the cheese of your choice and let it melt together. In the meantime, toast your roll. Place the horseradish and mayo on the roll and then the delicious steak + cheese mixture and enjoy! You could also broil the roll with the cheese, and then add the steak (instead of putting the cheese in the skillet).

No comments:

Post a Comment