Friday, September 27, 2013

Pork Scaloppine with Mustard Pan Sauce

Courtesy of Cooking Light

I made this recipe about a week or so ago, just haven't gotten the chance to post! I really, really liked this dish -- I love a good pork chop and I also love mustard. I decided to serve it with wild rice to soak up the sauce :) Definitely give this one a try. The original recipe called for thinner pork chops, but I enjoy thicker pork chops, so I used those. You just have to cook them a bit longer. This sauce would also be good on chicken; I might give that a try next time! Enjoy! 

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut crosswise into 12 pieces, and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (or just buy pre-cut chops like I did)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
  • 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
  • 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (I used 1 tb dijon mustard and 1 tb whole grain mustard)
  • 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add 6 cutlets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon canola oil and remaining pork.
  2. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and mustard; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in sour cream; cook 1 minute. Serve pork with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment