Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Asian Halibut with Purple Carrots in Parchment Paper

Courtesy of Plated Perfection


Once again, I'm using my Farmer's Market goodies for dinner tonight! I was intrigued by the purple carrots I saw and so I just felt like I had to have them, and then the halibut was fresh at the grocery store, so I figured I'd give that combination a try! The fish turned out great. The only note that I'll remember for next time is to make sure I slice the carrots thin so that they cook in time. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
2-4 fresh halibut filets, depending on the size of the fish (I cooked 2)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (or pureed in the bottle)
3 tb low sodium soy sauce
1 tb rice wine vinegar, seasoned
zest of a small lime
half of a lime, juiced
toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
~4 carrots, peeled (you can leave these unpeeled if desired)
parchment paper
nonstick cooking spray


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime zest and juice in a bowl. Set aside. Slice the carrots on a diagonal in thin slices. Cut two squares of parchment paper to be large enough to hold the fish and carrots and fold over. In each square, spray some nonstick cooking spray, lay down equal servings of carrots, drizzle with the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Top with the fish and drizzle the fish with additional sauce. Fold the packets to where there are no openings and bake on a flat pan for approximately 15 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment