Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Eggplant Ravioli with Heirloom Squash & Tomato Sauce

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

This is a bit of a delayed post, as I made this a couple of weeks ago, but it was delicious. Better late than never! I have been trying to hit up one of our many farmer's markets each weekend to buy fresh vegetables. This go around I bought a couple of heirloom squash and some tomatoes - so much color, which I love! I decided to cook them all together and make a pasta sauce. I thought the squash would balance out the acidity of the tomatoes a little, and it was very tasty! Definitely give this a try. I served it over fresh eggplant ravioli which I also picked up from the farmer's market.

Ingredients:
2 heirloom squash/zucchini, cut into chunks - I used pattypan squash and a mexican zucchini
1 pint of heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tb tomato paste
2 tb olive oil
1 tb fresh parsley
dash of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
16 oz fresh pasta of your choice (I used eggplant ravioli)
parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the garlic for approximately 2 minutes. Add the squash/zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the tomatoes. Stir in the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and let the vegetables cool for a few minutes. Add the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth, but a little chunky (or your desired consistency). Toss in the fresh parsley and serve over the pasta with a dash of cheese.
NOTE: Cook the fresh pasta as instructed and drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment