Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grilled Swordfish with Lemon, Mint & Basil

Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis

(I apologize for the lighting in the picture. I took this late in the day and was in a hurry to eat! I didn't feel like messing with too many settings.)
Per usual, I was stalking the seafood counter at the grocery store and came across some really good looking swordfish. I figured it would be a nice, healthy meal (with a boring salad). I also picked my first fresh herbs from my herb garden :) which made me happy! I love fresh herbs, especially the smell of basil and mint. This is a simple, quick, healthy recipe - enjoy! NOTE: This is based off of one serving of fish, so feel free to scale the recipe up!

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 tb olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
  • juice of half a lemon, with the zest as well
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 swordfish steak
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Whisk the oil, mint, lemon juice, basil, and garlic in a medium bowl to blend. Season the lemon and olive oil mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush the swordfish steaks with  the lemon and olive oil mixture. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes.Transfer the steak to a plate. Spoon the remaining sauce over and serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment