Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seared Yellowfin Tuna

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

Sushi grade (sashimi) tuna is one of my favorite things. You need to be very picky though when it comes to the quality. This type of tuna is usually eaten raw, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I also enjoy it seared. As I've stated before, we are lucky to have good quality seafood available to us, and I usually purchase whatever looks the most fresh. This week it was tuna! This go around I just did a quick marinade and sear...you can't go wrong with that! This would be great alone with some soy sauce and wasabi, on a salad, really however your little heart desires :) I always eyeball this marinade, so I did my best at approximating the measurements. This was for approximately 1 pound of tuna. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 tb low-sodium soy sauce
1 tb Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tb dijon mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tb olive oil
1-2 tuna steaks (approx. 1 pound) 
salt and pepper

Directions:
Whisk the first 6 ingredients together in a small bowl. Season the tuna steak with a little salt and pepper and then top with the marinade. Let sit for up to 30 minutes. Sear over high heat for approximately 1-2 minutes per side (depending on how pink you like your tuna).

No comments:

Post a Comment