Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lemon Herb Rainbow Trout

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

I love seafood. This is no secret. Harris Teeter had farm raised rainbow trout this weekend, so I just had to take some home with me. I have recently ordered fresh rainbow trout at a few of our favorite restaurants and have been so pleased. I figured I would just try it on my own, and I'm glad I did. This was so easy to make (cooked this baby up before work this morning) and it was so yummy...and healthy. You can't get much better than that. My only regret was not buying more of it -- hopefully they'll have more when I go back this week :) (Note: This is only for 1 serving.)

Ingredients:
1 rainbow trout filet, boneless
1/2 lemon, setting aside 1/2 tsp lemon zest and 1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Italian seasoning
dash of salt + pepper
drizzle of olive oil
1 tsp fresh parsley

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil for easier clean-up. Spray with a bit of cooking spray and place the filet in the dish. Top with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Slice off 3 thin slices of the lemon and place on top of the fish. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Top with parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment