Friday, March 25, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Scallops -- Seafood Extravaganza II

I absolutely love seafood, and thankfully, so does my boyfriend. We cooked up a seafood extravaganza a few months back, so we decided to do the same thing for dinner last night! This go around, I made bacon wrapped scallops, steamed shrimp, and steamed crab legs.  All of these things are very easy because there isn't a lot of prep work, and they don't take very long to cook. I got too excited about the crab legs being ready and forgot to take a picture, but I did manage to get pictures of the rest :)

Bacon Wrapped Scallops
1 pound of scallops (I prefer the larger sea scallops) 
Strips of bacon (cut in half, enough for each scallop)
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Toothpicks/kitchen twine/skewers
Lemon wedges

These can be cooked in multiple ways. This go around, I decided to cook them in a skillet. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and season each side with the lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon (make sure it fits all around the scallop). Pin the bacon so that it stays in place with either a toothpick, kitchen swine or skewers (I have wooden skewers on hand). If using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them first so they will not burn. Heat the olive oil and saute the scallops a few minutes per side. I try to rotate them so that all 4 sides get cooked. Squeeze a little lemon over scallops and serve.
Steamed Shrimp
1 pound of shrimp (I prefer medium - large)
2 tb Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
Lemon Wedges

Mix together the water, vinegar, and old bay. Bring to a rapid boil. Dump in the shrimp, cover, and reduce heat. Boil for approximately 3-4 minutes (depending on size of shrimp). The center should be opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment