Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beef Tacos, Nachos, and Burrito Bol? Yes, please!

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

 Nick had his eye on the ground beef in the fridge and suggested tacos for dinner tonight. My response, "I concur." I knew I had all of the ingredients at home, and you can't beat that! After making the tacos and running out of corn tortillas, I came up with two other ways to finish off the ground beef/meal. Nick wanted to involve chips, so I made him nachos. As for me, I must say, I'm a religious follower of Chipotle and their burrito bol. I gotta say that this was a pretty close combination and will definitely suffice if I'm ever in a pinch and can't get to Chipotle! I suggest making this and then letting everyone decide how they would like to eat their meal: tacos, nachos, burrito bol, all of the above? YES.

Ingredients
*1 pound ground beef
*half of a yellow onion, diced
*1 large clove of garlic, minced
*few dashes of salt, pepper, ground cayenne pepper, paprika, dried oregano, cumin (I was out of cumin)
***I apologize for the "few dashes" instruction, but I literally just tossed some in of each and did some taste testing.
*approximately 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (I prefer them a bit more crushed)
*juice of half a lime
*corn tortillas (however many you prefer)
*chopped lettuce (for toppings and the burrito bol)
*shredded mexican blend cheese (for toppings)
*sour cream (for toppings)
*homemade salsa (recipe previously posted on blog -- for toppings)
*tortilla chips (for nachos)

Ground Beef
In a skillet, brown about a pound of lean ground beef (I get 90/10) with the garlic and onion, over medium to medium-high heat. Once the ground beef browns, toss in the spices, as well as the tomatoes and lime juice. Mix together and stir over low heat to keep warm. This meat was lean enough to where you did not need to drain it, or add any water. This may need to be adjusted depending on the ground beef you use.


Tacos
Toast the tortillas on both sides over a low open flame if possible. Top with ground beef mixture, lettuce, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
Nachos
Top tortilla chips with the ground beef mixture and cheese. Melt in the microwave for about 1 minute. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Burrito Bol
Top shredded lettuce with the ground beef mixture, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. I actually prefer to then mix this together with a fork, but that's personal preference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment