Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grilled New York Strip

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

Mmmmmmm steak. This is what I thought when I saw these beautiful NY strips at Teeter. I just had to have them. I usually make some sort of red wine sauce when I cook steak, but this time I wanted to do something different. I even bought a new grill pan to use :) This was pretty simple and I just served it with some veggies. Vegetables offset the butter I'll be using, right?

Herb Butter
1/4 cup butter, softened to where it's easy to work with
1 tb fresh chopped parsley
1 tb fresh chopped thyme
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate to harden a bit, if desired.

NY Strip
2 strip steaks
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp steak seasoning
salt
2 tb herb butter
1 tb olive oil

Leave the steaks out for about 30 minutes to hit room temperature. Season both sides with the salt, lemon pepper, and steak seasoning. Butter the grill pan with the herb butter, over high heat. Sear the steaks for about 90 seconds, rotate 90 degrees, and sear for another 90 seconds. This creates the grill marks! Flip and do the same on the other side. Continue to cook about 4 minutes per side for medium.


Veggies
8 oz baby carrots 
8 oz green beans, cut into bite size pieces
8 oz small yellow potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
drizzle of olive oil
1 tb Italian seasoning
1 tb fresh thyme
salt and pepper

Coat baking dish with cooking spray. Mix ingredients together and place in dish. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Top steak with a dollup of herb butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment