Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tilapia Piccata

Courtesy of Plated Perfection
Let me start by saying...I <3 capers. As in, I think I have an obsession with them. I try to sneak those babies into everything. This dish welcomes them, which is probably why it's one of my go-to dinners (or lunch in this case)! 
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon  olive oil
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon capers (or more if you're me)
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Season tilapia with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish, and dredge tilapia in flour. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia, and cook for 1 minute on each side. Add white wine, lemon juice, chicken broth, capers, and garlic to pan. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until flaky. Top with sauce; sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment