Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

Adapted from Kikkoman

I usually like to make my own sauces and whatnot, but I was in Whole Foods not long ago and spotted some stir fry sauce I wanted to try. I was planning on making a quick meal for lunch and figured, why not?! I followed the recipe on the back of the bottle and it turned out well! Kikkoman has lowered their sodium levels too, so I didn't feel as guilty eating it. This made a decent amount! Nick and I will have lunch for two days :)

  • 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks
  • 1 tb corn starch
  • 1 tb low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tb sesame oil
  • 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables (I like PictSweet Summer Vegetables with Cracked Pepper)
  • 1 small bag of frozen snow peas
  • 1/2 cup Kikkoman stir fry sauce
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Coat the chicken in the corn starch and soy sauce. Add 1 tb sesame oil to a big skillet or wok and brown the chicken on both sides. I cooked mine until pretty much cooked through. Remove chicken and place in a bowl. Add another 1 tb sesame oil and add the vegetables (mixed and snow peas). Cook until almost tender. Add the chicken back in with the stir fry sauce. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Top with toasted sesame seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment