Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mediterranean Salmon

Courtesy of Plated Perfection
Harris Teeter informed me recently that Alaska Wild Salmon is only in season for a bit longer, so I took advantage and purchased some. I decided that would be my healthy lunch to take to work! I was also craving my homemade tzatziki sauce, so I figured I'd combine my efforts. I always throw the tzatziki sauce together on a whim and never follow the same measurements or recipe, so I recommend making this to your liking - taste along the way! The salmon was super easy to make, and then I just topped it with the sauce and some feta crumbles...yum in my tum. (This is over one serving of salmon and about 4+ servings of sauce; I wanted to make extra to have around this week).

- 1 filet wild salmon (approximately .5 pound)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tb dried oregano (half for salmon, half for sauce)
- few dashes of lemon pepper seasoning
- dash of salt
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 larger container of non-fat greek yogurt (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 tb fresh chopped dill
- 1 tb fresh chopped mint
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- approximately 3 inches English cucumber, peeled and diced (these are seedless)
- 1 tb crumbled feta

Place a large sheet of aluminum foil in a baking dish (any oven-proof dish). Coat the foil with half of the EVOO and put the other half of EVOO on top of the salmon. Place salmon on foil. Sprinkle with a dash of salt, lemon pepper, juice of 1/2 lemon, and oregano. Fold the foil on the ends and create a tent above the fish. Bake at 400 for approximately 20-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).

In the meantime, it's time to tzatziki! Mix the greek yogurt, 1/2 tb oregano, juice of 1.5 lemons, dill, mint, garlic, and cucumber. BAM! You're done.

Top the salmon with a hefty serving of tzatziki and your desired amount of feta. Top with additional dill (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment