Monday, August 29, 2011

Italian Frittata

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

I think I've become obsessed with the frittata concept and experimenting with different flavors! They're just so easy and fast, and pretty delicious! I tend to have a lot of Italian-ish ingredients in my fridge, so I used whatever I could find that sounded good together :) This is great for a group too since it makes a decent amount! As Duncan put it, who was over for the frittata, this is a yummy egg pizza!
  • package of sliced prosciutto (about 3 ounces)
  • diced pepperoni (about 2 ounces)
  • approx. 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (I had dried on hand)
  • approx. 4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
  • approx. 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • approx. 2 tb capers, chopped
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • pinch of pepper
  • 1-2 tb fresh grated Parmesan
  • approx. 6-8 thin slices fresh mozzarella
  • approx. 6-8 tb pesto
In an
ovenproof skillet, brown the prosciutto, pepperoni, and rosemary. Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, red peppers, capers, pepper, parmesan cheese, and basil and pour into the skillet. Cook, until almost set; top with the mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce. Broil until set in the center, about 5-7 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment