Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sea Bass with Lime Ginger Sauce & Sake Soy Bok Choy

Courtesy of Plated Perfection 
I'll admit, I became obsessed with the chilean sea bass I had in Vegas at Joe's Steak & Seafood...to the point where I almost got it two nights in a row there. I restrained myself and made my friend get it ;) However, I saw chilean sea bass at the seafood counter and decided it was time to try to imitate what I had at Joe's. It was pretty darn close, in my opinion! I did get the skin removed from the fish at the seafood counter, I personally love doing that. The fish flakes so easily and it melts in your mouth! This sauce was enough for about two fillets.

Sea Bass with Lime Ginger Sauce
- 2 Chilean Sea Bass fillets
- dash of pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tb soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 green onion, green parts, sliced

Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Grate the zest from the lime. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, oil, diced garlic, and black pepper. Place the fish on the lined broiler pan. Brush the fish evenly with some of the sauce and broil 4 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes. Remove the fish from the oven, brush with additional sauce, and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and just flakes when tested with a fork. Top with green onion.

Sake Soy Bok Choy
- 2 baby bok choy (or however much you desire to make - adjust as necessary), rinsed
- 1 tb olive oil
- 3-4 tb sake (definitely approximate)
- 2-3 tb soy sauce (also approximate)
- dash of salt and pepper

Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Toss the bok choy in and toss in the sake and soy sauce. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes (just keep your eye on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment