Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lobster Vegetable Spaghetti

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

Lobster. Yum. Harris Teeter, my BFF, had buy one get one free lobster tails...obviously those went in my basket! Usually we broil them (Nick broils them), but this go around I wanted to do something different and had some vegetables to use up. I decided to throw some zucchini and carrots into the mix. I decided to wing the sauce, and it came out well! My only improvement for next time would maybe be to add more ingredients for more sauce but this was sufficient! I'm just obsessed with sauce. This is definitely a great spring or summer treat!

Ingredients:
2 lobster tails, approximately 4 ounces each
dash of lemon pepper seasoning
dash of garlic powder with parsley seasoning
1 tb olive oil
2 tb butter, each tb used separately
1 large garlic clove, diced
1/2 cup carrots, sliced in halves
1/2 cup zucchini, sliced in halves
3 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn or chopped
approximately 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I used grated)
1/2 pound pasta (I used spaghetti)
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon, juiced
dash of Italian seasoning

Directions:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as directed.

Cut the shell of the lobster tails down the middle. Gently pull away the meat as much as possible. Rub a little butter on each tail and sprinkle each tail with a dash of lemon pepper and garlic powder. Broil on high for approximately 5-10 minutes (depending on size). Once done, remove the meat from the shells, cut into pieces, and set aside.

While the water is coming to a boil, heat 1 tb butter and 1 tb olive oil in a skillet. Cook the zucchini and carrots until barely crisp or beginning to get tender (your own preference). Remove from heat. Bring the pan back to a medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for approximately 2 minutes making sure not to brown. Toss in the white wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer to reduce down if need be. I decided to use all of the liquid, so I added the lobster meat, Italian seasoning, a dash of pepper, and stirred together. Remove from heat. Toss in the pasta, vegetables, basil, and cheese. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment