Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Open Faced Croque Madame

Courtesy of Plated Perfection

Ham and cheese go together in perfect harmony, especially when you put an over easy egg on top of it :) This was my idea for breakfast this morning. Nick forced me to get up with him to work out this morning, and I decided to thank him for it by making him some breakfast afterward! This was really yummy. It will probably make the regular menu. Feel free to use the cheese of your choice. I used baby swiss for Nick because it's his favorite, but I used shredded fontina myself :) Delish.

Ingredients:
1 English muffin, cut in half
1-2 slices ham off the bone
1/4 cup shredded fontina (or cheese of your choice)
1 tb dijon mustard
1 egg, fried over easy (or medium if you like)
dash of butter

Directions:
Top the English muffin with the dijon, ham, and cheese. Broil on low heat for approx. 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. In the meantime, fry an egg with a tad of butter. Cook until desired and top the English muffin. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment