Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce

Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com

Pork, fresh thyme, dijon...these things are just made for one another! Pork chops were buy one, get one free at Harris Teeter yesterday, so I couldn't resist. I figured I would cook a batch of these pork chops up for lunch and have them for leftovers later this week. This sauce was absolutely delicious and full of flavor. I altered some of the measurements and ingredients, but nothing too major. I could eat this sauce with a spoon, and I may have done just that...just a few bites :)

Ingredients:
1 tb olive oil
1/2 tb butter
3-4 lean pork chops (I used boneless)
few dashes of salt and pepper
3 tb chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 Swanson Flavor Boost packet, chicken flavor
1-2 tb fresh herbs (I used thyme)
few dashes of dried parsley

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes per side. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to about medium. Remove the chops and cover with aluminum foil. Add the butter and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and Flavor Boost packet and simmer about 2 minutes. Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 tsp pepper (optional). Place the pork chops back in the skillet and let simmer in the sauce for about 2-3 minutes. Put the chops on a platter and pour the sauce over the meat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment